Bath dolls (bath children) also called "Nacktfrösche" or "Frozen Charlies", were cast in one piece between 1860 and 1910 from glazed porcelain (white), or biscuit porcelain (pink) and manufactured in different sizes.
They were often produced with angled arms, closed fists, painted eyes and mouth, as well as modelled hair in black, blond or rarely brown. They were produced in Sonneberg and its surroundings. These dolls were sold mainly in seaside resorts of the North and Baltic Sea coasts. In Northern Germany they were often given to the bride. They were also given away at tea or coffee parties, sometimes dressed as chimney sweeps. The doll mothers loved them because the hollow swimming dolls could be bathed and washed (the perfect exercise for the future mother role).