An old aunt Emma shop
When the visitor strolls through the old lane, he always discovers something new. On the one hand the toy shop Gustav Prömper, on the other hand the old colonial shop "Handlung Heinrich Balter" from 1895. OK, admitted, not all canned goods, coffee cans, razor blades originate from this time, but a large part. The rest is from around 1920 to 1955. Childhood memories are awakened here, "Josef take a look at the old scales, the rustic coffee cans, everything just like Aunt Erna did back then", a visitor is amazed.
"How did they collect it all?" the visitors ask themselves.
Thousands of individual parts, whether razor blades, old Persil, Sil or Henko packaging. Everything was found here. Also the small and big aches and pains could be relieved here. Whether nerve pills, plasters, stomach and cough drops. Disappeared in laboratories and pharmacies today, there was real medicine and chemistry in the Tante Emma shop at that time. Whether hydrogen or boron water, ammonia and glycerine, Franzbranntwein and Melissengeist. The then "Aunt Emma" didn't just know about bread and detergents, she was also a pharmacy assistant and first aid station, she also had to serve as a box of sorrows. A Tante Emma shop of the 20's was the centre of the village, one met and talked, one was well advised and sometimes also comforted. Grandpas Stumpen, or father's Eckstein cigarettes, grandma's yarn and mother's flour. There was a certain atmosphere in the air. Today's supermarkets are a sign of the times, shelves filled with cheap special items from the Far East, tropical fruits are flown in from the Caribbean in winter, everything somehow sterile. One goes on a bargain hunt, is happy to be the first to get something, and gets angry, even if only three people are standing in front of one at the checkout. The human is missing, too bad.
"Oh hätt´ one again such a shop in the village. raves a visitor.